- 05-Dec-2011 to 31-Dec-2014 (PST)
- Granite Bay, CA, USA
- $10.00 to $12.00
Caregiver/Home Care Aide (HCA)
Position Type: Part-Time, Full-Time Location: Clients home and other work sites as required
Experience Required: Minimum of 1 year vertifiable work experience as a caregiver (non-famiily member)
Reports to: Administrator or Manager Education Required: HS Diploma / GED
The Caregiver/Home Care Aide is responsible for assisting the client and family with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Caregiver/Home Care Aides provide non-medically directed personal care and supportive services in accordance with the plan of care.
One of the most important aspects of The Home Care Source will be providing clients with a strong sense of self-esteem and independence. Taking a genuine interest in the client, their life and their environment will help create a true sense of companionship.
- Minimum 1 year of verifiable experience working with seniors (non-family members)
- CNA or HHA certification helpful but necessary
- First Aid and CPR helpful
- A valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle and a clean driving record, including current registration and insurance coverage
- Must pass a thorough background investigation
- Current negative TB skin test
- Communicate effectively in English; both verbal and written
- Compassionate, patient and caring nature
- Effectively handle multiple tasks or functions and work independently
- Ensure confidentiality and maintain security of all client information
- Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Care for client during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
- Administer bedside and personal care, such as personal hygiene, continence care and toileting and assistance with ambulation.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, caring for house plants and running errands.
- Care for pets may include feeding, walking, playing and cleaning up after the pet.
- Instruct and advise clients on issues such as hygiene, nutrition, household safety and cleanliness.
- Plan, shop for, and prepare meals, including special diets, and assist families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals.
- Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Follow principles of infection control and universal precautions.
- Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.
- Report any change in client's physical or mental health to appropriate care manager. Participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services.
- Transport clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.
- Provide clients with communication assistance, writing or typing their correspondence and obtaining information for them.
- This position may require various shifts at various times which may include; nights, weekends and over-night.
The Caregiver/Home Care Aide will be required to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and their clients.
There may be emergency situations where the Caregiver/Home Care Aide will have to react quickly with sound judgment.
The scope of duties described in this document may not include all duties to be performed by the Caregiver/Home Care Aide and is subject to change.